HOPE is a course developed by Macmillan Cancer Support and
Coventry University to support you after cancer treatment.
You can share your experiences and get support from other people
going through the same thing. It helps strengthen your coping
skills for dealing with different problems like anxiety, fatigue
and concerns for the future. So you can feel more like yourself
HOPE is a free six week course and each session runs for two and
a half hours (usually on the same day and time each week).
HOPE can help you:
• regain your confidence so you feel more like
• use relaxation techniques for your mind and
• cope with anger, anxiety, depression and
• handle stressful situations
• plan for your future
• use your potential to make the most of your
How to book
To book your place on the HOPE course, please contact
your local Macmillan Information Centre. Telephone: 01388
'Care received was fantastic and I was very well looked after
and very impressed.'
Patient, Day Surgery, Darlington Memorial Hospital