Ambulatory procedures are minor procedures that can be performed
in a clinic setting whilst you are awake and able to talk to your
doctor or nurse.
Some procedures that can be performed as ambulatory procedures
- Removal of small polyps (small tissue growths which are
Endometrial ablation (a treatment for heavy periods which
removes the lining of the womb)
Some of the common benefits of opting for an ambulatory
• You won't need a general anaesthetic
• Your treatment will be quicker
• Speedy recovery in your own home around friends and
• Less invasive treatment which avoids surgical scars.
You may see a pre-procedure nurse to assess any additional needs
you may have before your procedure.
On the day of your procedure you can eat and drink as
You will be encouraged to take some pain relief soon after
arrival and will be allowed 60-90 minutes to relax before your
A nurse will be with you during the course of your
Following your procedure we recommend you are collected and
'As I was very, very nervous, I must have been the worst patient
ever and they were brilliant with me and I can't thank them enough
- could you please pass on my sincere thanks.'
Patient, Hysteroscopy Unit, Chester-le-Street Community